From:
Joyce Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:35:14 -0600

Friends,
Greetings from North Alabama.  The last time I posted to this list, we had
made the decision to move from Central Florida to N. Alabama.  We've been
here 5 months now, and are adjusting well (buying some coats and sweaters
for sure).  I was delighted to find an internist who has two other celiac
patients!  She has a decent understanding of the problems involved.

I've basically stopped eating out, except on rare occasions and upon doing
that, I started gaining a little weight - about 7 pounds so far since moving
here.  Yeaaaa.  Carefully eating out didn't make me ill, but evidently doing
so was enough to keep me from healing.
Some time ago, there was some discussion about a skin problem - a round spot
that looks like you were burned with a cigarette.  I would have from 2 to 7
of these on me at all times, mostly on my hips and thighs.  Since I stopped
eating out, and stopped using iodized salt, they cleared up - only to appear
again after eating out (with no change in skin products).
Question is:  Was it actually gluten?  (more likely cross contamination for
I ordered very carefully).   Was it iodized salt?  Or was it something I had
done earlier that just at that time, decided to manifest itself?

For those of you who have this condition:  Can you link outbreaks to any
particlar incidence?
Just curious.  I'm certainly improving.  Energy level is better, fewer
crying spells, etc.

Thanks to the list for all the valuable information it provides....
Cheers,
Joyce in Alabama
(NO gluten, soy, dairy, sugar, corn and low oxalate)  whew!