C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amy Frick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:20:15 -0400
Thanks for the hope - I know in a couple of months or years we will be
laughing about how we used to have to beg her to finish just one more
ounce of formula.  Our Speech therapist had us get a little Aligator toy
that vibrates and a "NUK" brush type thing that she plays with.  Her
coordination isn't good enough in order to do it by herself, but she
likes the toys and it has even helped her teeth to finally come in.  The
therapist is happy with her progress so far as for the thrust reflex
subsiding, I guess it is hard to just focus on one milestone at a time.
She is okay with some textures, the foods need to be thick due to her
aspiration problem, I just don't think she likes real food yet - It
seems that it takes her a little while and several tries in order to
like something.  She does that with toys - we get her a new one with
lights and sounds and she hates it until a month goes by of us giving it
to her and all of the sudden it is her favorite toy!!!  I guess I am
just a little impatient at times.  I love it when she learns something
new - I never noticed all of these milestones with my son who is 3 and
1/2 now.  Thanks for the help!!  Amy

Amy - Mom of Alexandra 15 months - Cleft lip/palate, Extrapyramidal CP,
Optic Nerve Hypoplasia and Hydrocephalous.