C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:35:40 -0700
well, whem i see a statement that the war in iraq is
worse than viet nam, i know that i am outside of
serious convesation. i just heard a former senator
that served with honor make that statement on
television. it defies logic. while every loss of a
solier is another one too many, you can't say that
1,000 loss is worse than 50,000 loss in viet nam. i
went to school with some of these young men. i might
point out that kerry came back after serving with
distinction and then accused all of those serving as
being war criminals. lots of vets still have not
forgiven him. Steve redmond and mac barber and some
others i know were not war criminals. just like most
of our troops in iraq have been nothing but honorable.
so i get a little irratable when i hear exagerated
comparisons of this war to viet nam. it is just
retoric with no logic behind it. i can disscuss most
anything as long as the discussion is not irrational.
and no, kat, you did not add to my frustration.