From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:25:21 -0500
For the benefit of those who may want to know, if you go to:

www.hurricanecity.com

and then click on the live broadcast link you can hear the stream of W.W.L.
TV channel 4 in New Orleans.  It isn't the greatest quality stream, and I
don't know where they are getting the source for the stream because W.W.L.
TV doesn't usually stream its broadcasts, but that's the stream I heard last
time I checked.

As for me although all officials of Orleans, Jefferson and St. Bernard
parishes called for no less than a voluntary evacuation, and a mandatory one
for those in mobile homes and in low lying or flood prone areas I stayed
put.  I hadn't planned to, but my transportation to Houston fell through.
Some neighbors said they were going there and offered to take me with them,
and I said I would go if they went since my mother lives there, but they
never called back.  The storm took a more northerly turn which placed it
east of us.  So it looks now like we will not get hit as hard as first
feared.  Outside my apartment, it is breezy but there has been no rain and
no power outage yet.  It looks like the hurricane will hit somewhere between
Pascagoula Mississippi and Mobile Alabama around dawn tomorrow morning.
Harvey