From:
"Everyone @ As If Productions" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 18:52:46 -0500
At 09:41 PM 4/9/06 -0400, SUBSCRIBE PALEOFOOD Anonymous wrote:
>Whoa - I have just begun and seemed to have walked into a maelstrom of
>controversy!  What exactly is so bad about Courdain's approach?

haha... ;-)  Actually there is often controversy over dietary issues,
because of the money involved.  In fact I think you could say that the
majority of what passes for the establishment view of diet has been more
influenced by corporate lobbyists than actual health issues.  Some dietary
proponents are flat-out liars, trying to convince the public that their
products (hydrogenated fats, grains, fibers, vegetarianism, etc) are
actually the "healthy" choice.  The whole USDA Food Pyramid is frikkin
UPSIDE DOWN!

(Sorry to shout)

Anyway, Cordain isn't one of those.  However, since he is tied to the AMA
and AHA, he needs to try to find a way to dovetail their theories (lipids,
cholesterol, lean meats) into the Paleo view.  Notice how he never says the
word "meat" without putting the word lean" in front if it?  He has more
corporate backing than most other proponents in the Paleo field - "As Seen
On Dateline NBC!" - and his book is an attempt to "spin" the Paleo concept
to be more in line with the establishment view.  Ok, except that the
establishment view is wrong.

Lastly, IMHO, his writing style is annoying ;-)

LVX
TF

GettingPrimitive.com - A Natural Inquiry
the new web joint from as if productions
http://www.gettingprimitive.com