From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:59:47 +0000
On Mar 09, 2006, at 5:21 pm, Don H wrote:

> I've been experimenting with the Paleo diet off & on now for
> several months  and noticed a tendency towards constipation. I eat
> a variety of fruit but can't seem to find a Paleo food combination
> that helps me stay as regular as when I eat high carbs .

I react like Adam, who said it takes his body a few weeks to adjust
if he changes his diet.  Rapidly increasing or decreasing the amount
of fibre in my diet disturbs my bowels for a few days.  But I have to
say before I ate paleo, I (fairly) often experienced painful
constipation where I wouldn't go for several days.  That's completely
stopped now.  I eat what I want and let my intestines deal with it-
they seem to know best.  If my stools are just looser or harder than
normal I'm not too bothered.

When you say constipation, exactly how constipated do you mean?  Is
it just reduced frequency or do you feel like your body is struggling
to pass stools?  Some people naturally only go every week or so.

Ashley