From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 14:41:21 -0700
> While it seems
> reasonable to say grass fed have a better omega
> profile they contain such a small amount of these
> fats that a few walnuts would skew it the entire
> other direction.  Whereas you can take grain fed and
> skew it the other direction by a sardine.

This was good timing.  I was going to sit down and
take a look at this tonight.  I just force fed a 5
pound grass fed roast to the family.  Cooked it
forever in the crockpot, seasoned it, and they still
hated it.  If it was just me I was cooking for I could
deal with it, but it's obvious grass fed isn't going
to fly around here.

>Whereas you can take grain fed and
>skew it the other direction by a sardine.

Is the above really true, or is it a bit of an
exaggeration??  What are some of the other differences
besides N3's & N6's and higher amounts of saturated
fat in grain fed?

I'd love to see a side by side nutritional breakdown
of the two. Anyone know of anything like that on the
web?

Thanks
Mark

Discover Yahoo!