From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:55:44 +0000
On Mar 01, 2005, at 5:03 pm, Todd Moody wrote:
>>  He restricts saturated fat for the first 3 weeks until one is
>> a "good fat burner."  He doesn't provide any references to back up the
>> claim that "it doesn't make sense to eat saturated fat while one is
>> trying
>> to burn it."
>>
> In fact, he claims that saturated fat is "harder to burn."  He also
> claims that saturated fat exacerbates insulin resistance.  Now this is
> something I have looked into, and I admit that there is some evidence
> support it.  And anecdotally, at least some of us who consume liberal
> amounts of saturated fat do seem to show signs of increased insulin
> resistance.

Does he put into some some of perspective the insulin resistance caused
by saturated fat vs unsaturated fat vs (say) a baked potato?  I'm sure
the first too are comparatively simliar in relation to the last.

Although on the other hand, does the saturated fat content
(proportion?) of animals rise in the winter?  Could this be a trick to
encorage the body to store fat in the winter?  (Hypothetical and based
on unproven premises!)

Ashley