From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:22:23 -0500
I only know a little of the research behind intermittent fasting.  In
order to derive benefits from it how long does the fast need to be
and how frequent should one fast?  I normally eat 3 or 4 times a day.
Would I just skip breakfast and lunch and only eat dinner or would I
need to fast the entire day and not eat until breakfast of the next
day?  I think that I would find it difficult to skip dinner.  Is it
possible to work out on a fast day before eating?  How often can IF
be done?  I have seen mentioned in mouse studies doing it every other
day.  I have read others advocating 1 time per week for fasting.  I
believe that Roy Walford would not eat for 2 consecutive days and
then eat normally for the other days of the week.

Mike