From:
Tad Glines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:39:56 -0800
> Mary wrote:
> Subject: Re: Plaque and paleo
>
> So, if you stayed low enough carb, could you no longer need to go to a
> dentist at all??

My recent dental exam (x-rays and quick visual inspection) revealed no
cavities or anything that needed immediate attention. The dentist did think
I needed a cleaning though.

My previous visit to a dentist was more 5 year previous. In the mean time I
have brushed irregularly. Basically when the tarter buildup starts to bug
me, I pick it off and brush my teeth.

I do not in any way endorse this level of neglect regarding teeth. I think
brushing and flossing regularly is a good idea regardless of the paleoness
of ones diet.

However, given my personal experience so far, I think that simply eating
paleo will obviate the need for any serious dental work.

I still think it's a good idea to get ones teeth examined every year or two.
It doesn't hurt and it'll ensure that unnoticed problems don't become dental
emergencies. I've been lucky so far. Going 5 years with out an exam isn't a
good idea. I haven't because finding a dentist and making an appointment is
such hassle.

-Tad