From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:35:23 +0000
On Jan 14, 2005, at 4:01 pm, Jim Swayze wrote:
> Plus, your body can become more efficient at gluconeogenesis the
> longer it is forced to rely upon protein as a primary energy.  I've
> bought into your theory, Todd, that my fasting glucose is too high at
> 91 even though I've been in ketosis.  I've lowered my protein and
> increased my healthy fat to see if I can get this number down.

Jim,

Do you know what the absolute maximum proportion of protein a human
diet can consist of before rabbit starvation occurs?  I eat the
fattiest cuts of meat I can find but I'm never sure if they are good
enough.  I get hungry quite soon after meals (even large ones)- I don't
suspect I'm eating too much protein but it's a possibility.  I know
what protein toxicity feels like- I misguidedly ate nothing but lean
meat for a long (unpleasant) time.

Ashley