From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:51:05 +0900
On Friday, September 24, 2004, at 05:26 PM, Fredrik Murman wrote:

> I solved the
> problem by reintroducing starch into my diet in the form of rye and
> later even wheat. I know these are regarded as poisons by many, but
> they gave me back my life. A less radical source of starch perhaps is
> potatoes. They make me satisfied as well and I like them with meat,
> especially pork; but I prefer grains as my main source of starch.

Hi Fredrik. I thought this post was interesting. Sorry it took me
several days to reply. I am not surprised you don't notice any
negatives from grain eating. When I was in my twenties I didn't either.
In fact, most of the problems I saw eliminated by paleo only crept up
on me gradually after I was 30 or so.

People differ a lot on how much wheat affects them, as well. Probably
you have a good set of genes for wheat eating, or, your general health
otherwise is very good so you handle it well. The people on this list
who consider wheat 'poison' are those who for one reason or another are
in poor health, or are less tolerant to gluten. For these people wheat
is a poison.

Are you following the Weston Price food prep methods strictly? Since I
read about this it has struck me as pretty sensible.