Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:42:43 +0100
Maddy,

I had calcium deposits blocking my salivary glands twice and also sarcoidosis.. all connected to gluten intolerance... I was off gluten for almost a year when my doc sent me for blood tests which were negative of course but going off gluten has made a HUGE difference to my health.

Ron Hoggan [co-author of Dangerous Grains] has some references. you can look up many of his articles on http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/

------ "The condition of some kidney stones is asserted to be the result of abnormal calcium deposition in the kidneys, in _Renal Physiology_
by Arthur Vander, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1975. On pages 127-128, it says: "The increased plasma calcium is deposited in various body tissues including the kidneys, where stones are formed." Abnormal
calcium metabolism is very common in celiac disease. Chronic production of kidney stones should be cause to consider being
tested for celiac disease. http://www.gluten-free.org/hoggan/kidney.txt

Dedy

From: Maddy Mason, Accord, NY <<Can you please expound upon your idea about calcium being deposited  around the body in people with gluten allergy? I have had Celiac Disease  (gluten sensitivity) for many years, as has my son, and many people I know.... I would be interested to see references/research to back up this notion.>>