From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:51:28 +0900
On Wednesday, September 8, 2004, at 08:57 AM, Mary Anne wrote:

> Back to the healing part. Unless you are blessed with a miraculous cure
> where everything bad "goes away immediately", you will be faced with a
> long
> count down back to health.

You got that right. I have been on paleo for a few years now, and just
this summer one small thing that has bothered me for a decade or so
suddenly went away.

I always slept on my stomach, but a while back I started getting
terrible headaches several times a week. I finally found that by
changing my sleep position to keep my neck straighter at night I got
fewer headaches. When I went paleo my headaches began to go away,
gradually getting fewer and fewer and less severe. It was the wheat,
mainly, that seemed to be the culprit, because if I went back to eating
wheat a few days the headaches came back.

  But the body does not want to change sleep position, so I often found
myself waking up on my stomach, with a stiff neck and a headache
starting, even after going paleo. This summer I noticed that I was
sleeping better, on my stomach, and not getting headaches from it.

Wheat made my muscles more sensitive, or less supple, or something. But
it took several years for my body to clear out the problem before I was
able to sleep comfortably in my preferred position.

I had minor skin irritations, years old, clear up this year too, and
not come back. I didn't get hay fever this year for the first time in
many years. I think it just takes time to clear out the negative
effects of bad eating. The bodies cells are built up over years, and
replacing and repairing them takes years too.