From:
Mary Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:57:54 -0500
Kristina Carlton wrote:
> >From what I can see, the paleofood WOE seems to be the best way to help
> >the body create the cells that help fight off, kill off, surround =
> whatever
> >is creating the havoc - no matter what the source - and eliminate the
> >offender from the body.=20
>
> >Mary Anne Unger
>
> I so much want to believe that this is true, but I as I am struggling =
> with
> multiple health issues, I am loosing hope. At this point I am struggling
> with (as far as I know) leaky gut, an overgrowth of candida (measure via
> blood test), food intolerances to 24 foods (avocados being one of them =
> and
> probably my favorite food), blastocystis hominis parasite (3 herbal
> treatments, 2 cleanses, and paleo), burned out adrenals (low morning
> cortisol), and completely messed up hormones (DHEA, testosterone,
> progesterone, estrogen, thyroid).=20

    A while back I had mentioned that we have the tendency to want things
done right away. We tend to forget that a lot of times we are where we are
because we did it over sometimes a considerable period of time. We often
need a similar period of time to back out of the situation we got ourselves
into.
    It may seem expensive to go the paleofood way, but add up the medical
bills & you'll probably notice that a whopping amount of money can be
expended in an effort to get well in the "conventional" way. The
disadvantage is often that you can't cover it with your health insurance, as
it is classified as a food & not as a medicine (thank God, actually - FDA
can't screw you then).
    In some ways, I think people - such as me - who don't have health
insurance, can sometimes see the financial picture a little more clearly. We
don't spend money going to doctors unless we absolutely have to.
    Back to the healing part. Unless you are blessed with a miraculous cure
where everything bad "goes away immediately", you will be faced with a long
count down back to health. The benefits of the paleofood WOE are that you
will rarely be faced with bad medicinal side effects to be battled along
with the original problem/stmptoms. In this manner, the road to wellness can
be shorter than the road to illness. If you want to do it really quickly,
you will have to cut out *every* little thing that will side track you (no,
I am not one of those *perfect* beings - I got my bad habits, as well).
    Just keep your chin up. The victory is worth the battle.

Mary Anne Unger