From:
"Kristina K. Carlton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:28:28 -0500
Hi Susan,
Have you read about candida (overgrowth) and leaky gut? They are nasty
illnesses that most of us probably have, especially people who consume
non-paleo diets. Finding out what I am allergic to has been a great help and
while I was really, really bummed about the avocadoes, I am sure it will
help with the symptoms. If you do have food allergies and leaky gut, it is
also important to rotate your foods. So if you eat chicken today don't eat
it for the next two days. This will prevent your body to become intolerant
to even more food. That's probably how I got to be intolerant to avocadoes.
I thought the leaky gut was gone and I was eating avocadoes nearly every
single day.

Anyway, I hope you feel better and will find some solutions. Believe me I
know what it's like to feel bad. In the last 6 months I have been to more
doctors than in the first 11 years I lived here. I have always been healthy
and then I think I messed up my gut pretty good and things went downhill
from there. Tell you what though, it really helped me to let go of some
issues I had due to an eating disorder. Suddenly thin wasn't that important
anymore and health was. don't get me wrong, I still want to be thin, but my
decisions now are typically based on what's best for my health. Before it
was mostly what will make me thin.

Please stay in touch if you feel like it. There are so many things we can't
discuss on the list (understandibly so) and it's nice to communicate with
others who have similar issues AND live a paleo life. Most of the people in
my life, including my husband, eat the SAD.

Hang in there...healing has GOT to be in our future too!!

Kristina