Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:19:56 +0100
G'day paleo-listers - sadly we have just found out that a friend who is a wonderful person, aged in his 70s and highly productive and intelligent, has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. His symptoms are not severe as yet, and he is on some sort of medication which apparently can't slow it down very much however - so it would be SO much appreciated if anyone has any knowledge of this disease and whether Paleofood could help him, or any other complementary and natural treatments he can try. I searched the Paleofood archives but could find no reference to this disease.

I guess it's some kind of severe auto-immune disease, so intuitively it seems to me that a raw and organic paleo diet should at least help him feel better and cope better. I imagine that supplementary veggie juices and wheatgrass juice might help, and seaweed too, to maximise his nutrition, which like most people has been sadly lacking. His teeth are quite bad, so maybe pulling any root-canalled teeth might help?? If anyone can cite any case studies of people with this disease improving, in particular, that would be wonderful, because it's so hard to get people to make the change anyway, even when their health is severely under threat.

In the end, I'm well aware he may not be able to make the change, but I feel I have to at least try. Thankyou SO much for ANY suggestions you might make. Ozzie