From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:03:05 +0100
Can I do a quick straw poll?  I just read NeanderThin (6 months overdue
I think!) and the thing that caught my eye most was the idea that it is
normal to be extremely hungry eating paleo.  I've had a hard time
feeling full since I started eating paleo.  Creamed coconut does it for
me, and cooked liver has a definite "stop".  I think I had mince once
that was very filling.  I've actually got some mince in (the highest
fat content mince at 28%- so the food I considered best was the
cheapest for a change) and I'll see how full it makes me.  But apart
from this, I can eat all the time.  Although I should say, I don't get
the gut-wrenching feeling that comes on about an hour or so after a
starchy meal.  So I guess I'm less hungry in that sense.

I've heard both sides at some point: some people say they are always
hungry, and some say they virtually force themselves to eat.  Surely
the second state makes more sense?  Do the remaining hunter-gatherers
left on Earth live in a constant state of hunger, or is it just us lot
brought up to equate being full with being stuffed full of soporific
grains and cheese?  I can't understand why an animal should be
constantly obsessed with food if it has a regular supply of the stuff
and carries a month's supply of energy around under its skin anyway.

So how do the list members get by?  Are you often hungry or do you find
meals satisfying and feel no urgency to eat again?

Ashley