From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:15:30 -0600
>The consequences are the 4 Horsemen: famine, war, plague and
>pestilence.  There is a carrying
>capacity for humans on this Earth and we have exceeded it

To put it in perspective:

A week or so ago a television show aired on the Science Channel called
Iceworld. Basically, it was a fictional look at 3 individuals who were
trying to find a new home in Europe after being pushed out of their old
home by glaciation. The timeframe was supposed to be about 25,000 years
ago.

An interesting comment was made that caught my attention. It is believed
that there were fewer humans alive at that time than the number of wild
gorillas alive nowadays. And, modern wild gorillas are considered to be an
endangered species.

Food for thought.