From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:54:21 +0100
On Aug 16, 2004, at 4:38 am, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> I think I have thyroid issues cause my temp is low in in the morning
> although
> my blood levels dont show this. I've been taking about 3 Tblspns of
> coconut
> oil daily for a few months.
>
> Will Paleo help my thyroid or do I need to consider thyroid
> supplements?
>
> Thanks,
> Sandy

Sandy,

I'm very cold too, especially in the hands and feet.  My mum has
Raynaud's disease, and her hands go white with cold even in summer.
She also has a failed thyroid.  By comparison, my hands are just
slightly cold, and I have a slightly sluggish thyroid (shown up on a
test).  I don't know if there is a connection.  I suspect a paleo diet
from birth would have prevented all this, but I am not seeing much
improvement after 6 months.

Where did you hear about coconut oil?  I started buying creamed coconut
blocks and I could eat 200g in a day easily.  If the stuff does help
your thyroid, my body certainly realised it.  I've recently started
drinking ginseng tea to see if it helps my glands recover.  It's
probably too little too late but I'll give it a shot.  Either way it's
a nice drink, even if it is toxic over a long period of time.

Ashley