From:
Mary Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:10:31 -0500
Anna Kihrani writes:
> What's the deal with fertile eggs?  Is it just that they're more
> paleo, or are they nutritionally superior (or is that the same
> thing)?  Does is mean that the chickens have eaten bugs?

    In a manner of speaking, the chickens have probably eaten bugs.
    What is more important is that the rooster & hen have enjoyed conjugal
bliss - as they are running around, minding their own business. This means
that the egg has the ability to form a little chick eventually - given the
right circumstances. This also means that the nutrients in the egg are more
utilizable, as we are talking about a beginning chirck foetus that needs
those nutrients & not just an ovum with its albumin staring at us from the
plate. The idea is to try to eat the fertilized egg before you start to see
little features of the creature forming within.

Mary Anne Unger