From:
Anna Kihrani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:49:27 -0800
First of all, thanks, everyone, for your responses to my
"new person" posting.  I have a couple more questions.

1) What is *the* paleofood book to have?  (I'm aware there
are many answers to this.)

2) Okay, this question is the reason for the weird subject
line.  I wrote in my first post that I have a problem with
any veggies that taste even remotely bitter.  And I mean a
*problem*, as in, I gag and choke, and get shudders
throughout my body.  Now, the difficulty is that bitter
veggies are supposed to be good for me!  So how come I
hate 'em?  I've discovered, actually, that the only
vegetables I can think of eating raw with any kind of
enjoyment are carrots, very mild lettuce (romaine, Bibb,
etc., not iceberg), celery, and sometimes spinach (which I
think is a brassica and should probably be steamed).  Oh,
and avocados (are they a vegetable?).

Does anyone have a thought about why this might be so
physiologically?  Encouragement?  Suggestions?  Do you
think it will ever change?  I'm really enjoying the meat and
fruit part of eating paleo, but the veggies have been
limited to lots of lettuce and carrots.  Even summer
squash (mild, no?) makes me feel shivery and slightly
nauseated.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Anna from California

Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/C2Connect