From:
Michael Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:40:09 -0700
As I have read the literature on the Paleo diet in Ray's book and Cordain's
and other assorted
articles, I keep coming back to the same question, but I haven't found
anything remotely
approaching an answer. The question is simply this: if agriculture is
responsible for the
population explosion that has occurred on earth over the past 10,000 years, is
there any
possible way that any significant portion of the human population could now be
sustained by a
diet based on animal protein, let alone the entire human race?

It seems to me that we couldn't possibly produce enough healthy meat to feed
the world's
current population. After all, look at the abuses found in the meatpacking
industry which are
propagated by a system which is designed to maximize production and minimize
costs. As it is,
the majority of our meat isn't worth eating. How on earth (or in God's name!)
could we ever feed
the world a natural diet with today's population, that is, assuming you could
even somehow
persuade or compel the entrenched agricultural interests to go along with it?

Mike