From:
Michael Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:15:44 -0700
Hello all. My name is Mike Weis and I am a new listmember. I've just finished
reading Ray
Audette's Neanderthin book as well as Dr. Loren Cordain's The Paleo Diet. The
only significant
difference between the two that I could detect is that Neanderthin doesn't
prohibit salt and
Cordain does. Any thoughts on that?

Anyhow, the place where I always get stuck with new "diets" is in the recipes.
I suppose it takes
a measure of discipline, but I am not a big cook, so food preparation is
generally not my thing. I
would
appreciate any advice or suggestions from others on the list to get started on
the Paleo Diet
without heavy reliance on preparing food all the time, if that's possible.

Also, I have a question about eating liver. I have always understood liver as
the organ which
detoxifies the body. Does that also mean that the toxins which are removed
from the body
accumulate in the liver? Is liver really a safe and healthy food to eat,
whether it be from beef or
chicken? Does it make a difference if the animal is grass-fed/foraging vs.
feedlot produced?

I look forward to participating in this list. I'm very excited about the
possibilities of the Paleo
Diet in my life. I've never been particularly heavy, but I've always had a bit
of a paunch that I've
never been able to really get rid of. Perhaps this is because I have always
been addicted to
bread. I also am a big baker, so this caveman thing could be very difficult
for me in that regard.

Mike Weis