From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:16:51 +0100
On Jun 06, 2004, at 3:53 am, Elizabeth Miller wrote:
> I think floaters generally indicate some kind of malabsorption or more
> gas in the system -- it used to be thought that excess fat would create
> floaters, but I think that got debunked. But I can't for the life of me
> understand why paleo would cause this. Maybe you can tell us more about
> what you're eating. Has your fiber intake gone up or down? Are you
> eating anything now or more of something that you didn't eat before or
> only rarely. Is you're diet higher in carbs or fats or protein? It's a
> puzzle.
>
> Liz

Liz,

I eat nothing but meat, veg and fruit (quite a bit of fruit, 5-10
portions a day).  I have the odd egg, but no more than 4 a week.  Until
recently I ate a lot of nuts (up to 100g a day).  Since cutting these
out my stools are darker but still won't stay down.  I was under the
impression that pale stools were caused by liver problems, so I hope
nuts aren't pickling my insides.  Maybe a few more weeks nut-free will
see more improvement.

Ash