From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 08:38:45 +0100
On Jun 04, 2004, at 10:28 pm, Elizabeth Miller wrote:

> The grains are
> suspected of often being the culprit in the original 'leaky gut' as
> well
> as sugar and other simple carbs, which tends to really throw off the
> normal flora protection.

Liz

You seem a bit of an expert on leaky guts, and you probably have a
strong stomach (figuratively!) after your daughter's experiences.

When I first started paleo I began passing stools irregularly,
generally large, soft, pale stools with the odd day of constipation.
Stranger, they began to float.  I don't remember them doing this
before.  I read somewhere it's a symptom of a leaky gut caused by
nutrients passing through to gut bacteria intact and feeding them,
hence producing gas in the stools.  Since stopping eating nuts (about a
week now) my stools have become *much* darker in a matter of days, but
they still float.

Can you think of any logic to this?  Surely by cutting out wheat and
starch I would be reducing the gut irritation and starving excess
bacteria?  Maybe a few more nut-free weeks will help but it's been like
this for months now!

Ash