From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 22:09:45 +0100
On May 31, 2004, at 6:08 pm, Elainie Gagne wrote:

> Wow   that is quite a bit of fruit. I eat berries now that they're
> available
> in the market (organic) every other day. Some days I will eat a pear
> or an
> apple but and in season I eat melon, peaches etc.. one piece a day. I
> love
> foraging for wild berries and wild grapes. Yum!
> I eat way more greens (cooked and salad greens) than I do any other
> type of
> food but I've eaten loads of greens (on various diets) for over 25
> years so I'm
> rather used to cooking and preparing them.
>
> Elainie

I had a feeling I was eating a lot of fruit.  On someone's advice I
have been avoiding all nuts recently, and I've noticed I feel a lot
less hungry through the day (the real test will be when I'm back at
work after the bank holiday).  Part of me thinks all this domesticated
fruit can't be good, the other part thinks if it's not upsetting my
body maybe I should carry on.  I'm tempted to stop eating tomatoes
though; my mum feeds them to me but for some reason I have no desire to
eat them even when hungry.  This never happens with berries!

I've not seen organic berries on sale in England but I don't look very
hard (I get all my fruit from Safeway if there are any other brits
here).  I've asked my mum's gardener if he will plant some raspberries.
  He was a bit reluctant though because he says birds eat them as fast
as they grow.  As for greens, I would eat more but I can't fit them in.
  (We can't grow cabbage because of the birds too, and no lettuce
because we have rabbits nearby).  I have one salad a day but I prefer
cooked vegetables for tea.

It's just struck me that I'm sitting here worrying if I eat too much
fruit while 99.9% of the population is (or should be) worrying if they
are eating too much cake and chocolate and not enough fruit!  I
sometimes wonder if I wasn't paying attention when I went mad.