From:
WADE REESER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 11:56:26 -0400
On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:27:19 +0000, Bruce Merritt wrote:

> Reducing BG increasing Cell Mediated Immunity=weightloss.
> Check BG, it will to you how much damage his carb up is
> doing.I for one don't need any extra glucose
> BM

I think there is a lot of good evidence that chronically high
BG and perhaps chronically high insulin causes health problems.
I don't know of any evidence that suggests that a cyclic ketogenic
diet like Fagin's is harmful.  Is this a pet theory of yours or
you holding out on us?  Personally, I think cyclic ketogenic
diets have all of the advantages of a low carb diet without any
of the negatives.  Are you familiar with Fagin's book or read
anything about cyclic ketogenic diets* Bruce?  There is a lot of
peer-reviewed literature they supply supporting their opinion.

  Wade

* e.g. Anabolic Diet and Metabolic Diet by Mauro DiPasquale, Ultimate
Diet by Lyle McDonald, Body Opus by Dan Duchaine, Natural Hormone
Enhancement by Rob Faigin, etc.