From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 09:35:55 -0400
>Hi Marilyn.  The link didn't work for me, but is is fair to deduce the
wellness of an entire group of people from a photo or two of children?

Hi Jim;

Good point although I found the pictures somewhat disconcerting and the
thinning/balding of the hair at the top of the head looks to me to be
symptomatic of some sort of deficiency disease...

However, most of the pictures seemed to have been taken around 1916 and I
wondering how much western influence would have come into play with respect
to their diet.

As far as I know the site should be accessible to the public, so here is
another URL;

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/ess/esic/collections_e.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on:

Search ESS Photo Database

There you can do a key word search. The photos are quite interesting in
their own right.

Marilyn