From:
WADE REESER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 20:33:43 -0400
Barry,

I was responding to the idea that the 'missing green veggies' worry for the SLD
has no merit and was using an extreme example of a people that THRIVED on
nothing but meat.  Go crazy, have all the veggies you want, I wont stop ya.
Have a milkshake while you are at it. ;)

From V. Steffanson's experiences it would seem that 'raw' meats arent required,
but they certainly should be on the rare side.  And many people worldwide have
traditionally buried there meat till fairly rotten (northwest pacific natives
and romans for a few) and even modern day grain fattened beef are hung in a
cooler for awhile to properly 'age' but besides a desired taste, it's not clear
this helps at all nutritionally, you have other info?  I encourage the eating
of organ meats, no other foods have the nutritional desity (certainly no
veggies, green or otherwise).  And except for the raw food fetishists, I see no
reason to eat it raw (we arent talking burnt...).

It doesnt seem clear that meat alone without the organs couldnt sustain a man
indefinitely, perhaps even thrive.  I'm almost positive that Steffanson used
only muscle meat during his year experiment with no ill effects.  And not raw.
And I understand that traders and trappers often went for months in North
America eating travel rations consisting of only pemmican and jerky made from
meats.  Again, not raw.

Carnivorously your,

  Wade   ;)