From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:59:20 -0800
Well, you should hear about the horses on Hawaii that go to eat the fallen mangos, which fermented, make them alcoholic.  Drunk horses?  too funny (reminds me of the movie Cat Ballou

Well, chimps in captivity love to drink alcohol if given the chance.
> "Humans might be the only animals that wish to escape from their own
> consciousness," she said.

Actually, many animals I have read about use mind altering drugs, from
bears to ants. The article I recall said it seemed to be a common trait
of all animals.