Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:37:43 +0000
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/26/1079939845516.html

Hi folks - at the risk of re-starting the alcohol debate(!), this article throws an interesting new light on the subject, especially I think this observation:

 "So just as our ancestors' attraction to sugar and high-calorie foods has resulted in the health problems of today, like obesity and diabetes, a once-beneficial attraction to ethanol may underlie excessive drinking."

This possibly adds a further explanation to the health difficulties provoked by western diets, for groups of people who have lived a hunter-gatherer lifestyle until very recently.

I trust this post is formulated correctly this time, neither too long nor too short!

Cheers,

Ozzie

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/26/1079939845516.html

 WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe Awards