From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:27:36 +0100
> Have you ever seen what a child eats if left to his/her own devices? The
> answer is *ANYTHING*. If (adults) were not around to "decide" what is
> good/bad to eat, the child could very well die by ingesting just the wrong
> thing.

Oh, I don't know about that. In a natural environment, with a tribe and all
that, the baby would be carried around by other people and at meal times it
would stretch out to grab whatever the parents were eating. On the other
hand they spit most of it out, especially vegetables. Childrens dislike of
veggies might very well be natures security measure against being poisoned.
I find that children have a strong liking for fish if they have not been
scared from having bones stuck in their mouth or throat.
Little children are of course fond of putting cig butts and little stones
and sticks into their mouths but they also have a tongue that stops these
things to go into the system - anyone who have feed a baby with solid foods
know how difficult it can be to get passed that tongue.
Eva