From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:21:17 -0700
From: <[log in to unmask]>

 Don't know about your friend, but from my experience watching the
remarkable change with Stan's asthma, making a move can make a significant
difference.

Susan, I moved to NM from MI and have encountered many people here who have
improved their symptoms to many chronic conditions, including asthma and
arthritis.  My own post-polio, which has left me with - among other things -
weakened breathing, is far better in the desert.

I met Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (JFK's nephew and Robt. Kennedy's son) this
week.  He said that he has three children with asthma.  They live in NY and
have been the downwind recipients of the chemical pollution of 1100 plants
west of NY state.  As you and your husband know from having lived in MI, the
people of MI are downwind from Chicago and Milwaukee...

Mr. Kennedy has made a career of prosecuting polluters all over the world
and (no surprise here) feels that different administrations make a great
difference in laws that affect our health.  In the U.S. we have seen a
recent surge in new laws that have undone much of the work of the last 30
years ever since Earth Day 1970.

Kath (happy in the desert)