From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:45:24 -0700
--Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm on a combination of a couple of different low-carb diets: Dr.
Atkins'
> diet, and Protein Power.

I am on a similar eclectic low carb program as I am focusing on
keeping the insulin as still as possible. I do sometimes feel "out
there" and sweat that this may be some bad experiment with detrimental
consequences down the line. I always find it comforting to hear of the
Bernstein's, Atkins and others who have been doing this for years. The
latest person I found was on Dean Esmay's low carb resource page.
There is a link to an entry from a German gastroenterologist called
Walter Lutz who goes into great technical detail on the benefits of
low carb. He has been low carb himself for over 26 years. He is now
well in his 80's. Check it out.

http://www.syndicomm.com/lowcarb.html