ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jenifer Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:11:18 -0500
Hi Everyone.  *warning*  This may be a little lengthy... so if you don't
want to read it... feel free to press the delete key.

I left arkansas on october 23rd and arrived at my new apartment late that
night.  I was so blessed in that my mom and others had it all set up for me
before i arrived.  I mean... everything was in place... from furniture to
potholders!

God was so present with me in arkansas.  I felt so alone sometimes, but He
always was their to hold and comfort me.  My dad's death was the worse thing
i could imagine, but i have a father God that loves me and will never leave
me.  I don't have peace about Dad's death... meaning I don't know if I'll
see him again in heaven, but i know God is just and true.  Dad never
rejected the Gospel, he was saved before he went in to the army, but walked
away after.  I don't know if I believe in once saved always saved... I want
to... every part of me wants to... but I don't want to believe something
false.  Dad never rejected the gospel when I knew him... always allowed
people to pray... took me to church.

I made so many life-long friends in Arkansas in the short time I was their.
Some believers that I know God put in my path to support and help me through
that time, and some non-believers who i pray for daily.  I thank God for His
love, mercy, grace, and loyalty.  No matter how far we stray... how far we
want to run... he pulls us back.  It's like a rubberband... he lets us go so
far... then snaps us back.  After my dad died... I knew i had two choices.
Run away from the One i knew would never run away from me... or cling to Him
like a life-raft.  I chose the later.  It may not seem like it sometimes,
but I know the Lord is my only Salvation... not the sleeping Pills i had to
start to take... not the nonbelieving boyfriend i had after dad's death...
nothing.

The man who hit my dad got one year probation.  His liscense revoked for
that year, and if he violates any of it... six months in jail.  I was upset
at first, but i realized... with Gods help... this man is going through more
guilt than I could ever imagine.  I pray for him also.  I pray that God
gives me the privilege to meet or talk to him somehow and pray for him.  I
know it's only God that's giving me this desire, because I couldn't do it in
myself.

I truely thank you all for praying for me during my absense.  I love you
all.  I'm glad to be back.  Please accept my sencere appology for being an
ungreatful brat before I left the last time.  God is good... all the time!
Jenifer Barr

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthins me."
Phil 4:13

Email:
Aim:
jenibear1998