BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:04:48 -0400
Probably your age...  ;-)

Does it have the proper Snell or OSHA rating (if there even is such a thing up in CA)?  It seems like those things change often enough that it wouldn't meet the current regs.  My car racing helmet's only good for about five or ten years according to the regulating association (granted it's fiberglass and that has a somewhat limited life compared to aluminum).

I work for the State University New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry so we teach Forestry and have some foresters on our staff.  My boss was Acting Physical Plant Director when a bunch of calamities struck at once so someone got him one of those hats that lumberjacks are supposed to wear when felling or limbing trees.  They are a hard hat with ear muffs and a screen in front to stop the wood chips from flying up in your face.  He thought it was appropriate garb for those days when it's all hitting the fan at once.

Bruce