From:
Don Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Breda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:24:53 -0500
Hi listers.

This is Don breda w a 2 i w c.

I have an opertunity to purchase a Yaesu VR5000 at a pretty good price.

It doesn't have the optional vs1a speech synth however.

My question is, has any of you blind hams ever used one?

Is it fairly easy to use given all the menus ETC?

How well does it perform as a receiver?

Should I leave it alone because there is a newer receiver on the market with the same coverage  that is easier to use as a blink and has better performance?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Don

wa2iwc