From:
Scott Shade <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Shade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:16:26 -0500
Okay, I'm new to the current market, and when I got my icom ic-24 at several
years ago, this really fancy stuff like controlling your rig through the pc
wasn't an issue then.  However, I have a couple of problems, maybe one of
you can assist me.  I've moved several times and need to obtain a new
charger and preferably a longer life battery than the one that I'm supposed
to have for this rig.  I managed to slightly mis-place it somewhere along
the line.  I also need to obtain a manual in an accessible format for the
unit as I can't remember how to operate it properly.  I have an htx-202
which in my opinion is for a radio shack product, one of the best pieces of
equipment I've ever seen them produce.  However, I'd prefer to use my dual
bander as I have a uhf machine linked to the other two two meter machines
north and south of town and this uhf machine is sitting four blocks away
from me 30 stories in the air on top of the beautiful Springfield Hilton,
and I can't work it.  Almost makes me wana cry, so close and yet so far.
Does anyone know where I can find the necessary parts for this unit, or
baring that, what would anyone suggest for a fairly reasonably priced
accessible dual band portable?  Thanks all, Scott