From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:40:02 -0500
Pat, That is the biggest crock of B.S. I have ever heard.  Most of this
stuff
only applies to people living at Courage Center and maybe to a lesser degree
those who attend radio camp.  Neither I nor others are
doing any such thing.  Therefore you would have no medical records to
release or occasion to notify anyone in case of emergency.  I challenge
anyone at Handiham to equate any of this with pursuing a amateur radio
license.  If it is connected why isn't any of this on any F.C.C. form or
examination?

Handiham just wants to be the only game in town for blind people, so as a
result, it is whoring itself and its members out to the government to get
any federal money it can even if it is under false pretenses.

I also think it was unethical for Handiham to accept my membership dues
leading me to
believe all you needed was an application and then come back later and say,
in effect, "By the way, you need to fill out all this medical stuff that
doesn't even apply."  This policy was obviously in effect when I submitted
my application but no word one was said about it.  I do not plan to fill out
any of those forms at this
time.  If it means I can't be a member any more so be it.  I don't like
being lied to.
Harvey