Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:23:56 -0500
7bit
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
L wrote:

>Hi Todd,
>
>Quote from Rosedale in 'The Rosedale Diet'.
>"... ideally you should eat approximately between 60 - 75 grams of protein
>daily or three to five portions of protein daily (between 15 - 20 grams)".
>The higher figure would be for a largish man, the lower figure for a
>smallish woman.

That's interesting.  The Eadeses, in _Protein Power_,  recommend a
maximum of 40g of protein per meal, which is pretty close to what Barry
Sears says.  It has to do with a bottleneck in the metabolic
pathway--possibly the rate-limiting step is our ability to make urea.
At any rate, these and other sources claim that more than 40g is too
much to be properly utilized.  40g of protein is only about 6 ounces of
lean meat.  And 20g is obviously half that.  No huge steaks in that plan!

Todd Moody