Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:15:02 +0100
Thanks for the recipes Andrea...

All those warming spices make me think they'd be good for this nasty chesty cough I've developed today [DH's been down with it for 4 days now]... food as medicine... sounds good to me :-)

Dedy

From: Andrea Hughett
Cameline # 1
1 c. each cider vinegar and water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp each ginger, cloves, mace, cardamon, pepper and salt
Mix thoroughly with wire whisk, use immediately or refrigerate.

Sauce Cameline #2
equal parts currants and nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts) (1/2 part bread crumbs - this is used as a thickener, so I would substitute nut butter, or flax seed meal, or extra nut meal, or perhaps guar gum....)
ground cinnamon (mostly) touches of ground ginger and cloves
Pound it all together and add wine or vinegar to the desired consistency, salt to taste.

Tournai Cameline Sauce
1 tsp ginger
1 Tbs cinnamon
medium pinch saffron
1/2 nutmeg
(2 Tbs white bread crumbs)
Grind smooth (the recipe calls for a mortar and pestle; I would use a blender or coffee grinder.)
1/2 c. white wine
1 c. cold water
Combine spices with liquid, boil until thickened.

Practical Cameline sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1/3 cup white wine
2 Tbs verjuice or lemon juice
1 Tbs cider vinegar
(1/4 c white bread crumbs)
Mix all ingredients, strain through a sieve, boil five minutes.