Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:54:48 -0600
Since going paleo, nearly 2 yrs ago, my arthritis has worsened.  I think
this is more coincidence than any causality, but I really, really do need
help/advice on managing this.  The morning pain is godawfulunbelievable in
my hips, a little lesser but still bad between my shoulder blades and lower
back, and pretty bad in my feet.  I'm losing/have lost a lot of flexibility.
I can't even exercise the way I used to.  Heck, I can't even live the way I
used to.  It's getting to where I'm having low-level pain in my hips
noticeable during the day.  If I sit for a little while, I hurt.  If I'm on
my feet and moving for very long, I hurt.  It's nowhere near the morning
pain level, but is uncomfortable enough.

Because I have asthma, all the NSAID/COX inhibitors are contraindicated.
Don't want to go that route anyway.  Dr. wants me to do a Medrol steroid
pack, and I don't want to do that either.   He tells me to take Tylenol for
the pain, and I don't want to do that.  Then he talks about gold and
methotrexate when it gets worse.  WORSE?!!  I wouldn't be going to the dr
now if weren't already so terrible I can't live with the pain any longer.

I've recently started taking 1000mg glucosamine, 850mg MSM, and cucurmin and
ginger (don't remember the mgs on these).  How long does it take for these
to work?  (And does anybody know what the latest info is on how/whether
glucosamine adversely affects blood sugar?)  Are there any other supplements
you'd recommend?

How long do I need to be off all nightshades before there's a noticeable
difference?  I really like peppers and tomatoes.   Any other dietary
additions/subtractions I should make?

Any other recommendations at all?  If this pain is what I have to look
forward to every morning for the rest of my life, then.............

Thanks,
Theola