Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:08:52 -0500
Hi;

Here are my newest blood tests along with my ones from late last October.
The cholesterol is still high although somewhat improved and my
triglycerides have really gone down - much better.

I wonder what it takes to get my cholesterol back down to normal levels??
One good thing is that my triglycerides have come down considerably probably
because of my (practically) cutting out nuts. However my doctor told me that
almonds are good for reducing cholesterol so I may resume eating almond
butter again. (Mmm!) He also told me that oatmeal is good for reducing chol.
so I may start eating that in the morning.

The doctor again wanted me to take statins for chol reduction but again I
refused but he told me, with statistical help from the Framingham study,
that I would have a 4% risk for a serious cardiac event in the next 10
years. This to me seems to be low enough that statins need not be prescribed?

I wish I had asked what my blood type was, but didn't think about it.

The major changes in my diet since then and afterwards have been;

1. Skim milk usually only in coffee
2. No more cheese except on occasion
3. Huge reduction in nuts
4. Tons of stir fries (x-virgin olive oil) with chicken usually
5. Fresh garlic and ginger used in large amounts
6. Eating less canned salmon - about 1/week
7. Have taken to eating 6+ hard candies at work in the afternoons
8. Very lately have begun making/eating coleslaw (with my own dressing)
9. One egg only a day

Date of results         Mar 04   Oct 03    Ref range

Glucose fasting-ser     5.2      5.7       3.3-6.1
AST                     22       20        6-42 U/L
Cholesterol             6.46     7.28      BELOW 520 MMOL/L
Triglycerides           1.35     2.16      BELOW 230 MMOL/L
HDL Choloesterol        1.15     1.03      0.90-2.07 MMOL/L
LDL Cholesterol         4.70     5.27      BELOW 3.40 MMOL/L
LDL/HDL Ratio           4.09     5.12      BELOW 3.20
Chol/HDL Ratio          5.62     7.07      BELOW 4.40

I still don't eat much fish unfortunately and the news about the salmon
doesn't exactly help.

TTYL,

Marilyn