C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 02:06:01 +0800
7bit
From:
I saw the movie when it first came out 1998 - it was showing at a local
outdoor arthouse cinema for one night only, unfortunately it was the
night before I had an early flight for my first trip back to NZ since
I'd moved here.I usually like to get an early night before travelling
long distances, but I knew this would be the only time it would be in
the cinemas here in Perth, and I didn't know if it would be out on
video.  So I went to the screening and had about 4 hours sleep. :-)  I
thought it was wonderful, but the reviews and other media coverage had
me almost incandescent with fury over the patronising witlessness of the
commentators - all much like the reviews Mag posted.  It did come out on
video, and my local vid store had a copy of it - haven't seen it in
years, must check to see if it's still there, can't remember details of
the film and would like to see it again.  Sadly, Heather Rose died a few
years ago, she was only 33 or thereabouts.  I may have saved the email
about it - which also had details on how to obtain copies of the film, I
think.  Think I remember which e-list the message was on, will forward
the message on if I find it.

Rayna