From:
Julia O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julia O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:21:47 -0400

The purpose of this post is to summarize replies to my 7/29 post
regarding "urgency, soiling - not diarrhea"

The primary question was:  Is bm urgency/soiling a symptom of gluten
intolerance?

Blood test results were also listed:

IgG antigliadin antibody elevated
IgA antigliadin antibody elevated
tTG and anti-endomysial normal
IgE egg whites elevated
IgG casein elevated

I received 38 replies.  Thanks for all of your caring responses!

I have grouped the replies into 4 types:

1.  Yes bm urgency/soiling is a symptom experienced by individuals with
CD when gluten is ingested -16 replies

2.  Suggested food allergy/intolerance (other than gluten)- 2 replies

3.  Suggested constipation/encopresis as the cause - 4 replies

4.  Offered other suggestions - 16 replies (have stool autopsy, just try
gluten free to see what happens, short-term and very wholesome and
limited diet, probiotic, celiac based on blood tests, test stool for
bacteria, feed cooked quinoa with each meal, eliminate all foods that
have a laxative effect on the body, vitamin b supplements)

This is my first summary.  I hope I've provided relevant information.  I
saved the detailed replies if anyone would like more detail.