From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Paul
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 13:41:33 -0400

List folks,

I am enlisting your help in a way that is different than I have in the past,
but I'm confident you will be as remarkable in your assistance with this job
as you have been other times I have asked you for help.

I am an independent public radio documentary producer and I am producing a
documentary portraying the human face of Celiac Disease.  The program,
titled "Gut Reaction," will air on the national public radio documentary
series "Soundprint" later this year.

What I need from you are your personal life stories (more details shortly).

The program has two purposes.  First, it will explain to that vast portion
of the American public that has never heard or celiac what the disease is,
how widespread it is, and that many of the people who are listening have the
disease and do not know it or have the disease and have been diagnosed with
something else.  Second (and equally important), the program will tell its
story -- of pain, discomfort, confusion, frustration, embarrassment,
discovery, recovery and endurance -- in the voices of actual celiac
sufferers.  This approach will make the massage personal and take it out of
the abstract realm which can be dismissed as something that is a problem of
"other people."

I want to be very specific about what I'm looking for so please read this