From:
Greg & Kate Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg & Kate Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:31:00 -0500

Here is the letter I received this morning from  Reliv.    Kate

September 27, 2004

Dear Kate,

Reliv's Arthaffect, Classic, Innergize, NOW, NOW for Kids, ProVantage, Soy
Sense, SoySentials, Ultrim-Plus's and ReversAge do not have added gluten but
have not been specifically tested for that ingredient.  There would be
minimal amounts contained in these products, if any.  The Canadian Classic
contains wheat bran.  FibRestore contains oat fiber, pearl barley of which
only the grass is used and not the grain.  The Cellebrate contains oat
flour, which should be closely evaluated.  This disease affects individuals
differently so please be sure that they review the labels closely.  The
source of fructose, maltodextrin and modified food starch is corn. The
lecithin contained in Reliv's products is soy derived.

Casein is the chief protein in milk.  Casein is contained in the following
products: NOW (calcium caseinate). There is a small amount of casein
contained in the dried cream extract (since it is made from cream) in the
Soy Sense and SoySentials. I'm sorry but we do not furnish Reliv's quality
control manual to the public or to our distributors.  Reliv' operates
according to FDA guidelines and manufacturing practices.  The FDA visits our
plant on a regular basis, as they do other major food plants.  Our products
are comprised of ingredients used in many food products and are all
considered acceptable for human consumption by the FDA.  We purchase our
ingredients in powdered form from leading food ingredient companies and
formulate them into finished products.  Reliv's stock is rotated on a
regular basis.  Reliv' also uses more than one outside lab to test each
batch of the products.  All laboratories used are reputable and testing is
done on a regular or ongoing basis.  All blending machines and other
equipment is thoroughly cleaned after each batch of product.

Best wishes,

Hilda K. Hansen
Reliv' International Inc.
Product Information