From:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 01:07:46 -0700

Hi

It might just be me but I had a reaction to this preservative. I found it in two different brands of canned pinto beans & the reaction was pretty bad in both cases. I checked with both the companies that make the beans & neither uses gluten in their pinto bean products. The only ingredients on the label of these beans are "PINTO BEANS, WATER, SALT, AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROMOTE COLOR RETENTION)". The reactions I had to the Calcium Disodium EDTA stuff were:

Nausea

Tremors in face & hands

Difficulty urinating (I had to go but nothing happened type difficulty)

Body aches

I got a pretty severe reaction to this stuff. I'm definitely avoiding it in the future. I was just wondering if anyone else reacts to it. Thanks.

Jerry

California