From:
Tom and Esme Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom and Esme Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 13:09:12 -0400

Hi all,

Many of you have asked for the zuke bread recipe I use and several have
said that it is OK to hand out as long as I give credit and/or
paraphrase instructions. The original recipe is from a GE Food
Processor cook booklet. Enjoy!

This recipe is for one loaf, although I doubled it and the 2 loaves
came out wonderfully.

1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups freshly shredded zucchini

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour -- I used Betty Hagman's four flour mix
1 teaspoon xanthan gum for each cup of flour

Shred the zucchini and chop the walnuts in a food processor and set
them aside.

In my Kitchen Aid, I beat the eggs and add the sugar, oil and vanilla.
I then add the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Slowly
pour in the flour and xanthan gum until well mixed. By hand, mix in the
zucchini and walnuts. Pour in greased & floured loaf pan and bake at
350 degrees for 75 minutes. Cool.

Esme